Sunday, September 23, 2007

wolverhampton to cambridge

Internet interruptions... days off sleeping... so many distractions keep me from maintaining my blog. Oh well. It happens.

Wolverhampton: Civic Hall again... fantastic dressing rooms with jacuzzi tubs and multi-spigot showers! Ah, the showers. Blissful. That and another Gregg's pasty.

Leicester: Rather forgettable show. The audience were very polite... the hall was very nice, if I remember correctly. Then again, maybe I've forgotten for a reason. Oh wait! TM's birthday! Catering just off the lobby bar! LAUNDRY!!! Yes, I remember it well. I have photos and there was Tetris Burial Plot plans posted.

Day off, Bristol: Absolutely up to no good. We (mark, ian, val, aoife and me) got bicycles off the hotel and rode 15 or so miles to Bath. Unfortunately the ride took a while, so we didn't get to explore -- more a shame for Val than anyone else since she hadn't been there since she was a schoolgirl. We had lunch and took the train back, where we met up with the rest of the motley crew for Cider (yes, with a capital "c") and Curry. Scandals were started and the rumour mill hasn't rested since...

Bristol: It happened to be International Talk Like a Pirate Day. This show deserves it's own post with photos. Watch this space.

Sheffield: Gorgeous hall; ballroom in the basement... Good show? yes? Bueller? I don't remember. It's not like I've done piles of psychedelic drugs to wreck my memory center, but I forgot to bring my memory pills with me on tour. I keep forgetting things. Oh yes. Disco after. *shudders*

No, just remembered. Nice hall just opposite John Lewis. I bought a Rowan book. Charlie2Loud blew me out. I also bought DVDs. Clearly I have a spending problem.

Day off, Cardiff: What can I say? I slept. All day. Ate at a great restaurant up the hill with Mark and Fads after their drenched bicycle ride... the dessert menu was grand (as in THE BIGGEST I'VE EVER SEEN!) I opted for the volcano cake, but they called it something else. It was sheer gluttony. Met up with the young lads for post-dining drinks and stayed up to the wee hours... hence, show day was harsh.

Cardiff: Harsh. I didn't understand the cleaning woman when she asked if "(I) would door the open for (her)" Huh? Still don't understand her. I had a moment when I wanted to pummel the little fella, and she did her "at the gyno" impression for Aoife. All were unimpressed. What can I say? It WAS a good show -- and the Rio across the street was jumping. No internet. Grim, grim, grim. 2 days without internet... thought I might die.

Cambridge: Loves it. Market day, didn't go. Was too busy being not busy? I didn't sleep even though I clearly needed it. Bus didn't have shore power... so it was dark. I was scared to get stuck out there with the door open so I avoided it like the plague. Little Fella threw a strop! It was so funny. Confrontation. Resolution. Well, not really... what is it called when two sides agree to disagree? Denouement? No, I'll have to look that up later. Again, Brain = Sieve. Lamby shanky for din-din. Ate too much, needed a belly rub.

London, day off: no sleep for the wardrobe slave! Costumes to collect... frustration to be had! Sleep for a few hours and then nothing. No one. Abandoned and lonely, it was reminiscent of a tour a few years ago when I got dumped at a London hotel on my birthday. Alone. I tried to cry, but couldn't.

London: Royal Albert Hall. My first time actually INSIDE the building. I must say, I was very impressed. I didn't climb into the Queen's box, because I was certain some Bobby or a guy in a fuzzy hat would repel from the corolla and knock me to the ground. She, not unlike Brittney Spears and other white trash (i.e. Little Fella) has a double-wide! Honest! I got the royal tour -- well, not royal, per se, but I did get to go up into the roof. I crapped out on going all the way to the very top but did stand on the grate up above the mushroom thingies. You have to empty your pockets when you're up there -- that alone makes the trek daunting. I would've gone to the very top, except I couldn't let go of the iron grate...

The show went off well. Dean didn't think the costumes were ruined; they should look great on the DVD at any rate... I guess I'll find out soon. I also think I managed to not make it onto the DVD! Yippee!

OK. Bed.

No comments: