Friday, October 12, 2007

i'm on my way... home sweet home?

Actually, I'm home. Last show at the Muffathalle was good; Jake flew the fox in from the center and I missed it. Val, Ian, Dax and I went in to town (on a Sunday) to have a bier on the last day of Oktoberfest -- it was freakishly deserted except for the teams of British revelers out taking in the sunshine and the brews. People were wearing very funny hats.

Hollywood neither thanked me nor said farewell. Sigh. I wasn't really expecting anything more from them than they gave me, but I'm still a little salty over it all. To be fair, the Little 'un did start to say something, but I cut her off -- she didn't realize I was going to the hotel and flying home from Munich. I was already missing those folk I really enjoy before we had hugged and parted... I'm almost too tired to be missing anyone today. Day four at home and I'm still waking at weird hours and sleeping before the sun has set.

I had agreed to do some office work when I returned home and then immediately regretted it. Luckily I've dodged that bullet -- they can't figure out how they're going to pay me on the sly (it needs to be hidden within the budget). Hoorah!

Last night I met with a friend who is on a tough tour... thing is he's only one week into a six-week tour and he looks like he's been on the road for a month. Poor guy... he took this as a favor and it's a band he actually likes, but it's not working for him, unfortunately. Tonight I'm going to try to stay awake and see Jose Gonzalez -- I worked with him last year and he's a really fabulous person. One of the lighting techs we had on the US bit of this tour is now out with Jose, so I'm really going to make an effort at consciousness. Oh, the battle I'm facing!

More to update later. Right now I'm up to my ears in scarf and dalek knitting. It's so nice to be home.

No comments: