Monday, October 1, 2007

this one is for polly

I'm almost finished with my cardigan... the Belle Cardigan by Twinkle in the most recent Interweave Knits. I decided to do the button-band last night, and created holes when I increased as a yo instead of a m1. D'oh. I'm so tempted to rip and re-knit, but I might try to work with it. Photos forthcoming. I get grief from the crew about my knitting; but they've all been checking my progress (rather, the lack thereof).

Anyhow, this is a picture of a recent (last summer) yarn binge. A great shop closed near me, and after spending $500, I had to stop. These are all "luxury" yarns, neatly stacked in my yarn closet awaiting very special projects:
Some might say I have a problem
What's here? Three bags of Noro, one of Debbie Bliss Cashmerino, Socks That Rock stuff, three bags of Rowan Yorkshire Tweed and a Lana del Nord bag of cream wool. Not pictured? The two additional bags of Noro, one more bag of Cashmerino and something else that I can't remember at the moment. Clearly I have a "problem".

I'm just waiting for pictures to load to Flickr... it's taking forever today. It's raining and I want to take a nap... I'm already getting that "end of tour" sleepiness thing. I can't wait to get home and sleep for a few days... oh, how lovely will that be? It's in the 80's in Denver; too bad I've already started packing on the winter weight. More to love!

No comments: