Monday, November 26, 2007

instant gratification

I got interesting "news" yesterday in that a friend is getting married. I spent the weekend feeling sorry for myself (it IS the beginning of the holiday season and self-loathing goes so well with turkey and pumpkin pie, duh!) I stopped myself mid-sob because I realized how ridiculous I was being... silly girl... because I really am happy for Matt and really not that unhappy for myself. I am a work in progress, clearly.

In the midst of my meltdown, I managed to start and complete two projects: the Natty hat from Knit and Tonic and a novelty yarn cowl of my own simple design. Here's proof.

In other news, there is no news. I need to motivate myself to get out the door to the pool... it wasn't crowded on Friday -- I expect it'll be pretty empty from here until New Year's. Oh, I did get the swift and ball winder I ordered; the postman delivered it to one of my neighbors and they managed to FINALLY bring it by yesterday. It's great -- now I have a reason to stock up the stash!

1 comment:

Marin (AntiM) said...

As a side note: we have the worst postal service EVER.