Thursday, December 6, 2007

first, last, only

Holiday parties. Not a fan.

Kev and Robert invited me to a party last night -- the great thing is that it was early (I was home by 9:30). I didn't really get a chance to mingle or meet new people... it was one of those things where I met people I've met many times before, but have to be re-introduced. That is one thing that is towards the top of my peeve list. I don't expect people to remember my name... or where they've met me... but it was the kind of crowd who make a point of not remembering you if you're a relative "nobody" in town.

I also had my "pre-diabetes" counseling thing yesterday. It wasn't as traumatic as I expected it to be... I don't have to give up alcohol, just cut back when I'm on tour (if I'm ever on tour again)... I have to watch my starches and carbs because they elevate blood sugar and it was recommended I get a monitor and test occasionally or just come in for a jab every couple of months... more often if I start to feel like poo. The bummer thing was the news that they expect me to lose at least 11 pounds more. Sigh. I'm to check back in 6 months re: weight loss progress. Shonky was sweet when he told me I'm "tiny already!" -- if only he knew. I've got weight to spare, but it's going to be an uphill battle. Oh dear.

In other news, I'm going on a date on Monday night! Well, it's drinks with a stranger... I don't know that I want to call it a "date" yet... we'll see how it goes.

Now I must finish Daleks and get them into the post. I'm suddenly falling very far behind with my holiday mailing.

No comments: