Sunday, December 2, 2007

i have a problem

And it's called "Knit Knack." I just made my third trip in a week there and came back with MORE yarn!! Eep. Twinkle Soft Chunky in Haze for an Aspen Hat and another ball of Noro to finish Rickey's Rainbow Scarf and some DK Reynolds stuff to make a Henry Scarf out of (for whom, I know not). Thank god their sale ended today. They close in 52 minutes. I will not go back... I will not go back...

I've also decorated the tinsel tree a bit... here's the current state. I've lost an entire box of ornaments (including all my Hello Kitty ones). I know they're just misplaced (most likely in one of the dozens of unpacked boxes in the garage), and I'll find them eventually, but I'm a little sad for myself right now. I have another tree that needs decorating, but seeing how sad and empty the tinsel tree looks, I'll not bother with the other one this year.

I'm also re-reading those Philip Pullman books -- I was inspired by the previews for "The Golden Compass" and the fact that Costco had the trilogy for something silly like $10. Last night I went to see "Enchanted" with Lors... I wanted to hate it... it's a Disney joint, but it was quite cute. I feel like I'm dumbing myself down lately, what with reading all of the children's books and the Disney films, but I'm just about done thinking for the year. I can work on my IQ in 2008.

Christmas cards. Yup, I'm staring at them right now... they're stacked neatly on the coffee table with stickies affixed to the boxes listing who will get which card, but I have yet to proceed any further. It's early days yet... even though I've already received 2 cards! Those silly overachievers!

1 comment:

Polly said...

I particularly like the policeman on your tree. Very festive. I think you just need some fairy lights, that'll give the tree a boost. It doesn't much matter how many decorations you put on after that.
I'd love a copy of that pattern if you can get it. I think it's so beautiful. No hurry.
I have a million things to do in the next week, and all I want to do is snuggle down with a warm fire, a good film and my knitting (and cat). P x x x