Monday, January 28, 2008

an apple exchange

I had reason to contact customer support for iTunes today. I decided to use one of my gift cards to buy the New Young Pony Club album but when I hit "buy now" the single downloaded. Anyhow, I filled out the "support" form and got a speedy reply that they were going to credit my account for the full amount of the album within 3-5 business days.

I sent off a quick, "Hoorah! You guys rock, thanks!" reply to the automated reply from ToddiTunes and just got this back:

"Dear Angelique,

Thank you for your kind words. Nothing makes Apple happier than to hear that we have pleased our customers. I wish you the best and hope you continue to enjoy the iTunes store.

Best regards,
ToddiTunes Store Customer Support"

Well, it just about made my night. I'm sure this was another automated response, but it put a smile on my face all the same. I absolutely *heart* Apple.

1 comment:

Marin (AntiM) said...

And here I was, envisioning some sort of chain letter thing involving Red Delicious...