Friday, January 4, 2008

first post of '08

I'm not fond of reminiscing... seems pointless to some extent. I typically feel worse after, so I normally don't write out lists of accomplishments from the preceding year and I try not to make resolutions. That being said, I did make one tiny resolution-type decision: I'm going to stop stressing out about silly stuff. OK, I'm going to TRY.

Seattle was good -- it was great to get out of town again and see Cec. She did take time off work and she did keep me busy the entire time (I had one day of sloth, the rest were filled with activity). I forget she needs little sleep and food to just get by... me on the other hand? I need me a steady intake of food and a restful sleep at the end of the day to function. I spent most of my days in a haze (due to low blood sugar possibly?).

My new favorite cafe/bakery in Seattle is Macrina. It's really a lovely place -- "artisan" breads and lovely pastries... I had my new year black eyed peas (on polenta no less) to secure "good luck" for '08 and Cec had her first slice of Red Velvet Cake. She didn't care for it, unfortunately.

That's it really. Back to the swimming and knitting... I'm current with my yoga studio again, so I'm looking forward to seeing Vitamin E! I don't think I'll take his classes for a while, but it's nice to have something to look forward to.

p.s. "History of Love" is devastating. Read it.

No comments: