Friday, February 22, 2008

fri(e)day update

I exercised like an anorexic today -- it was awesome! Weird guy in the pool, thank you. You were weird. You didn't leave after your swim. You lurked at the shallow end of the pool next to the ladder (the one I leave my swim bag near) and because of that, I didn't want to leave the pool so I finished my laps. You still completely creeped me out when you watched me leave the pool, but I can live with that.

I also tried to run in the park, to no avail. My lungs are shot. I walked there, started to circle the park and then gave up because I was on a schedule. Oh well, I will be back. There should be babies soon; it looks like I'll get to see them from hatchlings to adolescence this year as there are still no work prospects on the horizon.

Well, that's not entirely true... I got a call for an interview today. I don't know if I want to make the effort. My hope is that I'd have to quit soon anyway... and it's not a great job, just some time-wasting thing I found on Monster that pays pretty poorly. Hmmm. I'll have a think over the weekend and phone them on Monday -- maybe they'll have hired someone by then anyway?

What else? My neighbors are crazy. This was rigged-up in the front yard of one neighbor today. He's harnessing the power of the sun for something... I just can't fathom what for. I'm surprised he hasn't received a summons from the HOA.

Me? I'm up to absolutely no good as well. Sleepy Snake and Mischievous Mouse are almost finished... Snake and mouse(s... erm, MICE) need eyes embroidered, ears and toupees affixed and a little stuffing for good squishiness. I should have these in the mail on their way to their new home in Maine by Monday, too. It's going to be a full weekend, clearly.

I was planning on hitting up Fancy Tiger for their series of grand openings, but the Axle-Jacobys took me out for a late lunch and now I can't move from my place on Le Couch. Le Sigh.

1 comment:

Marin (AntiM) said...

Weirdo Bike Guy: what's he all about?

I see him riding around hither and yon, middle of the day, sometimes at night... weird.

At least he isn't watching me get out of the swimming pool...