Wednesday, February 27, 2008

make new friends...

If you were ever a Brownie, you've now got an annoying song stuck in your head, don't you?

I went to a new knitting group this morning up the street and it was really great. I'm starting to think that if Bush and Bin Laden just sat down with some drinks and some knitting, that they would see that this whole terrorism malarkey is sooo silly. Erm, or maybe they'd just stab each other... I don't know. Knitting, unlike other hobbies such as Midget Tossing, is something that people of all ages and social status can bond over. It's definitely a community and I'm so glad I've taken it up -- I've met the most interesting people.

Cheryl Oberle was at the Tenn St. Coffee knitting group. She's a bit of a local knitting celebrity and she was really nice. I think that if I were published (even if it were just on a Most Wanted poster) I'd be a bit full of myself, but there was no pretension there at all -- not with her nor with any of the other women. It was great to go -- I'd heard about the group months ago, but was too scared to go, so it was nice that Betsy encouraged me to attend.

That's it really. Now I'm going to try to motivate and get to the pool.

3 comments:

Marin (AntiM) said...

I've known Cheryl for awhile and it was ages before I even knew she was *that* Cheryl.

I wish I could have made it... it's barely disguised chaos at work right now.

Angifreak said...

No worries, Marin... I got there at 10:30 which was really late (everyone left about a half hour later!) I didn't shower this morning, but I checked for foul odors and I thought I was fit for the public...

I was a bit in *awe* I must say. If I ever get published -- even if it's just a comment to the N Denver Circular, I'm going to demand a red carpet everywhere I go. :-)

Polly said...

I haven't been to my knitting group for about a year. Maybe I should try it again while Haggis is on tour. Yours sounds great! Polly x x x