Thursday, February 21, 2008

proselytizing car bumpers

I can overlook the "respect life" license plates... and the other political ones, but when I see a car PLASTERED over with God bumper stickers, I have to take pause. And get a little upset. First, Chevy Nova, you drive like shit. You just might meet your maker sooner than others -- keep your car in your own lane, please. Second, how can you see anything with the surplus of Pro-Jesus stickers covering your rear window?

The only one that really struck a chord (i.e. the only one I can remember in it's entirety) was this: "Jesus. Don't leave home without him."

Jaysus Christ. Barf.

2 comments:

Marin (AntiM) said...

No bumperstickers on my cars (small lie -- I have a very small, tasteful Bronco logo on the Saturn). I don't need to advertise ANYTHING to anyone. I figure people are pissed off enough when they're driving, they don't need one more reason to be pissed off at me specifically.

Angifreak said...

Thanks, Marin... you made me laugh. I don't have any bumper stickers either -- it's funny that it's definitely an American thing to "wear your colors" on your car. I just get sick of it sometimes -- it seems the number of stickers is an indicator of the driving ability of the car owner (i.e. more stickers = worse driver). I feel like I can make that judgment call because I am a crappy driver myself.