Thursday, March 13, 2008

blue mustangs and pink poodles

Marin, sorry if you're reading this... we've had a back-and-forth email discussion over these things today.

We have new public sculpture out at the airport -- apparently it was commissioned years ago, but was only recently installed. It's a giant, raging blue mustang with bulging veins and demonic red eyes. Um. It's fug. And it has a murderous history (it actually killed it's artist when it fell on him and severed an artery in his leg -- well, according to Wikipedia).

We already have the big blue bear -- he who stands three stories high and is peeking inside the wall of windows at the Convention Center. He is a gentle bear. He is "cuddly" -- well, as cuddly as a massive, blue fibreglass bear can be. We love the bear. The mustang? I've already had nightmares about this thing... as if flying doesn't cause me enough anxiety, now on my way out of town, I'm bid fare-well by a demonic mustang. Lions and tigers and blue mustangs, oh my! I really need to find good picture of it to post.

So Morgan came and went and I wish she had stayed longer. Lucky for her her job didn't end the Friday she flew out -- she was extended. Hopefully she'll be back for a visit soon. Poor girl, I made her go to two yarn shops straight from the airport... and another three (although one was closed) the next day. Marin made us yummy dinner and gave us a cherry pie lesson on Saturday and then Morgan left and I had to face the blue mustang again. Sigh.

I also received my hat-swap hat! It wasn't acrylic (not entirely... it was Noro and Plymouth Encore). Here's a picture:This is from the inside-out because Amber (my knitter) did this as her first ever fair-isle project? Her stitches are so even! I'm jealous.

OK, that's about it. I'm making chick'n'eggs. Photos forthcoming.

4 comments:

Marin (AntiM) said...

Actually, it's kinda cool to be an insider.

Marin (AntiM) said...

I memed you!

Angifreak said...

Uh-oh... what does that me? Meme?? Help me!

Angifreak said...

I get it... I did my "research" -- I ventured over to your blog and I know what I'm doing now. I'll work on this after my swim. I need some time to think.