Tuesday, March 4, 2008

hat attack (not really)

I sent off my Ravelry hat exchange stuff today. I always fear that my recipient will be disappointed... sigh. I also didn't want to go overboard with the "extras" simply because I don't know anything about the girl I knit for. Not really.

So this is what was included:
- Two hats (the 3-spiral hat in white and a Gretel in pink)
-Packet of Peeps. Just because.
-PAAS Easter egg dye. My recipient has done Kool-Aid dyeing in the past, so you know, here I'm sticking with a seasonal theme...
-LaraBar in Cocoa Mole: representin' for the 5280. It's my favorite flavor.
-Tiny packet of soak and a wee plastic lamb (Wool... Easter...)
-Crazy press-on nails and body glitter from the dollar bin at Target. I happen to know who Julie's "naughty exchange" (which I didn't participate in) knitter is and the body glitter and press-on nails might come in handy.

And now I wait for my hat to arrive. I fear receiving something knit in craft store acrylic. I know this is terribly snobby of me... the idea that anyone would take time to knit anything for a stranger is a good thing, but we had months to get this together so I'm hoping for a nice hat. Or nice yarn if the hat isn't so nice. I'm an awful person.

2 comments:

Marin (AntiM) said...

Let's not say, "awful," shall we? Let's say... optimisitic. Hopeful. Eager.

Angifreak said...

You're right. I'm hopeful that my knitter didn't send me an awful acrylic hat. :-)