Monday, April 14, 2008

more mail joy!

First day temping on a new assignment... first work of the year, actually (although it's just for lunch money). I'm one of a group of five people -- everyone seems nice but I don't see how this work is going to last five weeks. We'll see.

In other news, I got an email from an old colleague today which was lovely! Hagos got me started on yet another social networking site for roadies (it's fabulous and the perfect timewaster when I can tear myself away from Ravelry) and that's how I found old Wedgie. Ahh. Memories.

In real mail news Tracy sent me a Librarian Action Figure in celebration of my temp assignment:And here's me perfecting my "Shhhhh" finger (don't mind the torn-up cuticles... I'm swimming again):I also got a postcard from Scotland! Even though I've got swollen fingers from exercising (see above) I feel very lucky and blessed today.

Words: Houseguest warrant early spring cleaning session

3 comments:

Marin (AntiM) said...

Welcome to the grind. May it be everything you dreamed and more.

Loving the ongoing six words project.

Littlelou said...

im thinking that Scottish postcard might have come from my direction..thanks for yours xx
nice blog

Angifreak said...

Yes, Louise! Thank you for the lovely postcard!