Saturday, May 17, 2008

um... alright.

It's official. I'm a freak magnet. I've been having unsettled feelings about this one guy who contacted me through "onlinedatingwebsite" but because I'm only partially doing this for myself, and mostly doing it for the entertainment value of my friend, T, I decided to pursue this one guy. He's a freak. He's a freak like he has a torture chamber in his basement weird. He's been calling and emailing pretty much too much and I just got the last missive which was a quote from a Depeche Mode song, but I don't get the reference at all.

I was going to try and have dinner with this guy next week (I postponed tonight even though we didn't have firm plans) and now I'm thinking I shouldn't see this guy in person at all. I mean, I'm really looking forward to the disappointed look on his face, but now I'm a little scared that he'll be disappointed and then he'll stalk me just to make me feel disappointed, too. Or perhaps something more devious.

OK. That's all. I also had a typical shit experience shopping at the BIG yarn shop on Colfax. When the sales clerk went to grab a bag for my shit acrylic yarn, I kindly declined saying, "Oh, I've got a tote... I don't need a bag, but thank you." Her reply? "Yeah, I suppose you don't need a bag when you're buying cheap acrylic yarn..." I was pretty stunned, instead of a witty retort I felt the need to explain that I'm making a plushie for a friend's kid... and then stammered on about how I know acrylic isn't good for kids toys, but that I wanted it to have a nice touch and on and on until she cut me off with a, "have a nice day." Bitch. I really hate shopping there... I don't know why I do it.

On that note, I'm going to start my plushie project and then go to the park once the sun goes down... it feels wildly humid today.

Words: Work disappointments can become work opportunities?

No comments: