Tuesday, June 3, 2008

no sex in the city

No words for yesterday... it was too darn hot.

I went to see SitC last night with some awesome women (we get mega props because we weren't a group of dressed-up zombie sorority sisters with the same hair cut and designer handbags -- like so many of the girls in attendance) and I laughed... I cried. There were poo jokes and beautiful shoes (the kind meant to be seen, not worn). Don't judge me internets. I enjoyed the movie.

What I didn't enjoy was the lack of a/c in the theater. Isn't that the rule? That movie theaters are to run somewhere sub-zero for summertime relief? Yeah, I thought that I hit menopause somewhere after the opening credits -- the steady sweat drip from my scalp in conjunction with that horrible ass-sweat you get when you're just too hot made for an unpleasant viewing experience. What's up with that? When you pay $10 for a ticket, you should get sufficient cooling. I'm just sayin.

Today? My last day with the jail girls for a while... one of my favorites is being sprung by the time I return. I'd like to take her a gift, but I really just can't be bothered. It's too hot to shop!

I'm also spending longer periods of time panicking over my upcoming flights. The panic has bled into my tidy-time, so my house is wrecked... this just means that Thursday is going to be spent in a frenzy of packing and cleaning and I'm sure I'll forget to bring panties again. Or something equally important.

Today's words: thunderheads coming to town, doo-dah, doo-dah.

No comments: