Monday, July 21, 2008

holla peeno

Yeah, "hollapeeno" --that's how NPR just pronounced jalapeño ON AIR. Not once, but like, a lot. Enough to make steam come out my ears... this from the people who are famous for their research into pronunciation. Egads. I must say I don't always do it myself -- take the "Clapotis" for example. I refuse to say it en français because it seems pretentious -- if someone corrects me, then I'll start saying it the right way.

Oh well. Maybe it's just that I was hungry and on my way to my favorite burrito joint... Señor Burritos. I don't call it "see-nore" and they do use jalapenos there.

OK. Early, early pick-up tomorrow is going to make for a very long day. I should check the weather for MSP so I can dress appropriately... or maybe I'll just chance it.

1 comment:

Monica Hyde said...

Hello! I just caught up with your blog. I'm so sorry to hear about your kitty. Any plans to come back to the UK anytime? Hope your tour is good. Love, P x x x