Sunday, August 24, 2008

corntastic


We played the Corn Palace in Mitchell, SD yesterday... it was petty cool despite the weevils and horse flies. I must admit, however, that I was a little disappointed when I walked outside and saw that the palace sits on a street, unlike any other in any small town in America. I had this image of a building which rose from a corn field... covered in corn. The actual thing is a brick building with plywood boards all over the outside which they decorate with any number of plant-like things. Not JUST corn.

Eh, the concessions inside is called a "corncessions" and there are corn stalks on everything in the town which just proves that yes, you can take a pun too far. Photos eventually seeing as the bus internet has slowed to pre-wifi speeds.

We're just outside of Chicago for a rest day. I think I might do something productive -- like go into town and spend some PDs. It's the American way.

No comments: