Thursday, September 18, 2008

major purchases

OK, so sometimes I'm incredibly, inexplicable frivolous with my money. Case in point: I bought a new computer even though I didn't really need one... but it had been something I was thinking about for a while. Oh, and there was that ring at Swarovski that one time...

I need a new car. Not necessarily a brand new car, but one which is new to me. Today I went and did a test-drive on a Volvo. No, not a "sexy" car -- it screams practicality -- and I was so ready to whip out my checkbook and pay for the sucker on the spot. I decided to take a night to sleep on it. I so want to drive up to the car dealership and buy that puppy... I'm going to force myself to wait until the morning. I've only been waiting 4 years for the TDI Jetta Wagon to come out again but I don't trust VW to put the damn thing out this Fall. I'm going to get an interim car, use it for a couple of years and then maybe I'll go back to VW. Maybe.

That's all. Lindsey is on her way over and we're going to hit up Costco on the way to an art opening. I'm all a-twitter with the excitement!

No comments: