Monday, September 15, 2008

rewind, return

Home.

I changed my travel plans last night and flew from Wichita. I wonder what shenanigans I missed at the end-of-tour dinner... it was in a public place so there's about a 50/50 chance breasts were exposed... I had a pleasant dinner and drinks with Josh and Frank before they left to drive the backline to LA. My shuttle left at early o'clock today (5am) and my driver was a really interesting man who was originally from Ethiopia. We had an hour to chat and get to know one another on the way to the airport yet I didn't manage to get his name... sometimes those types of encounters are the best.

I ran into the Stein clan at the airport in Wichita and almost shit myself. Here's hoping I never see them again. To be fair, Ebony the "tm" was a really nice girl; her husband was a champ and I felt badly that they took the wrap for Rooster's hustling ways. I don't know what she does in real life... hopefully she's gainfully employed and this was just a one-off for her.

As for me? Who knows. The future is wide open... I have tentative plans but first I must sleep. And sleep I will.

No comments: