Saturday, September 27, 2008

a sad day indeed

I woke up this morning to the news that Paul Newman had died. Yeah, he was a celebrity but he seemed a decent person, too. I loved the idea of Paul Newman and Joanne Woodward -- they were beautiful and in love and even though I didn't know them, it's the kind of love affair I'd want to have.

I remember being young (really, like 7 years old) and having a massive crush on Paul Newman. I always imagined he was the type of person who never realized how handsome he was -- and who knows, maybe he was an absolute tyrant, but I doubt it.

Anyhow, forget about Brad and Angelina. They're nothing compared to Paul and Joanne. So sad.

1 comment:

Polly said...

Hi A, when are you coming to the UK again? Sorry not to reply sooner, it's been crazyville here. H is on tour again, home in two and a half weeks. Hope you're well. P x x x