Tuesday, November 18, 2008

birthdays and blurrydays

Ah, London. Here since Saturday again... which was a day for sleeping. Cecilia arrived on Sunday and we immediately went on a drippy walkabout in the rain. Wagamama eaten, British Museum and National Portrait Gallery visited, we started the shopping and then went West to meet Val for a drink and an eat.

I had a lovely birthday this year -- it certainly surpassed any birthday I've had in the last five years or so. It was incredibly low-key, low-expectation and high reward. Hoorah.
Yesterday was another drizzly day -- we didn't do much other than shop and eat. Cec, unfortunately, isn't a fan of S&M. I'd have to say she's not necessarily a big fan of British foodstuffs... sadly. Maybe they're an acquired taste? To be fair, she didn't have the best sausages and the gravy was a bit overwhelming... eh, I love the stuff. Could live off it (until I have a heart attack anyhow).

Today she's leaving and the sun is shining. I've got laundry on my "to do" list. We had tentatively planned on climbing St. Paul's but I don't know if that's going to happen... I think she's down in the lobby doing a paper; but I'm not sure. I've been up for a couple of hours; suppose I could've taken care of my laundry by now, but you know, I'm OFF work so I'm being incredibly lazy.

Enjoy the photos.

No comments: