Saturday, January 31, 2009

cats!

I'm a foster mom! Unfortunately my guy is really shy so I don't have any pictures of him... he's in "isolation" -- where he has to stay for 10 of his 14 days here. Because they didn't have any cats available for foster, I took home a sick kitty -- he's got an upper respiratory infection (kitty cold) and he looks just miserable, but my goal is to get him well in the next two weeks so he can be adopted.

I don't know this guy's story -- they call him "Aslan" -- but he's so incredibly timid and has some matted fur which makes me think he was neglected. Poor guy. He's sitting in a steam shower now -- they didn't have a nebulizer to send me home with, so he gets steamed twice daily. I couldn't take it, it was too hot to sit with him there.

SO, that's my good news for the day. Hopefully he'll be well and less shy in the next few days so I can put his photo up.

ETA: I got him out of his carrier... he's really sweet but his eyes are drippy, so they're not open here. Can't wait to make this little guy well -- he deserves a good home.

No comments: