Friday, January 30, 2009

on becoming suburban white trash

OK. Let me explain here... I don't think drinking box wine makes you suburban or white trash... not at all. I've been craving box wine and I decided to try some out. This little guy is about a bottle and a bit and was pretty economical so I thought it was a safe way to venture into this new category... and guess what? It's pretty damn good!

My aversion to box wine came early; my stepmonster was never without her box of Franzia Chardonnay and I just hated everything about the woman (still do). Sara is the epitome of "not feminine" and seeing the box of wine in the fridge every day next to the Coors Light disgusted me -- I will not have box wine in my fridge when I grow up! I thought. Well, look at me now.

Seriously though, there are some cute boxes out there.

1 comment:

Susanna a.k.a. Cheap Like Me said...

Just keep the box out of the fridge!

I stand by my Black Box Cab.