Tuesday, March 10, 2009

it's beginning to look a lot like christmas

I woke up to snow this morning. SNOW. It's been in the 70's for the last week or so and last night we had snow... I also have a shiny, glowing red nose but that's down to my facial in Jupiter and an overzealous aesthetician who had a serious masochism streak and really went to town doing extractions on my poor face. I haven't had a facial in quite some time so I knew the extractions would be severe, but I just had no idea how bad it would be. Vince, my friend's husband asked, when we returned, how the facials had gone and we both gave a resounding "GREAT!" He asked if it was possible to have a bad facial and I had to think that it's really hard to have a bad facial. It really is. Eh, I enjoyed myself.

Spending time with this friend is always otherworldly because she and her husband are really wealthy and have famous, wealthy people for friends. It just freaks me out; I call myself, "Little Orphan Angelique" when I'm with them because I feel a bit like a charity case -- but not in a bad way. They also have a 3 year old little boy and he used to love me, but he's moved on now. For the first day he would refer to me only as "her." I'll be honest I was really heartbroken! He still played with me... we blew bubbles and played "ceiling fan" for days but the love... it's gone. I was going to wait for him to turn 18 so we could get married but I have to face facts. He's just not that into me.

The Burt Reynolds and Friends Museum was a treat. The museum wasn't so great but the "volunteers" who worked there were mint. I'll just say that if anyone ever goes to Palm Beach, a side-trip to the BRaF Museum is a must-see. I got a postcard. Somehow, and this is quite amazing, I managed to miss the "Deliverance" canoe... but I did see the boots from "The Best Little Whorehouse In Texas" as well as an autographed 8x10 of Demi Moore from "Striptease." Oh the memories.

I really tried to impress with my trivia skills -- we came in 3rd which meant we got our money back for playing. My biggest contribution was our team name: Vaginaclowncar. None of the Floridians had heard that one before. I felt clever even though I was really just a plagarizer... don't tell. I really felt that I was meant to be at trivia that particular night when one question was, "In which State will you find these motorways: I-25, I-70 and I-76." I almost pissed myself with joy! Alas, it was the bonus round that murdered us... although after we did the math we were always going to come in 3rd.

I'm finished posting reasons I'm glad Frank dumped me. I've decided to start going to therapy and I'll pay someone to hear my reasons. I'm moving on. I'm still sad most days -- even woke up in Florida saying, "Damnitall, he really fucked up... he could be here with me right now," when the truth is, he wouldn't be there with me. I don't know that I would've introduced him to my friends anyway, if that makes any sense. It doesn't make sense, but the thing is, I now know that we wouldn't have worked out. We're too different... he doesn't possess the attributes I'm looking for in a mate, and vice versa. Being in Florida with my friends who have a great relationship, or being around my friends here at home who are in real relationships, I can see that what Frank and I had wasn't built for long-term success; I thought that because he'd been in committed relationships in the past that there was a higher liklihood he'd want to be in a long-term relationship with me but that's a bunch of bollocks. I was simply a tour shag, yet again, and I need to learn from my mistake. Eh, it's HIS loss. I'm a fucking fabulous woman!

No comments: