Tuesday, April 21, 2009

blood, sweat and tears

Day 2 at yoga saw a big improvement -- both in stamina and style. I had a complete reversal; I think I sat out as many asanas as I actually managed to DO in yesterday's class. My only complaint? The class was really, really crowded. I wonder if it has something to do with the economy -- more people laid off... more time to work on the self... I don't know. I just don't remember the class being three deep late-afternoon when I was going to this studio in the past. It could also be that they've cut the number of classes they offer per day, but man, I don't like having feet in my face and it was THAT packed today.

Tomorrow, however, is another day.

Tonight I met Lindsey and her hubby and friends for spaghetti dinner at LaCheugas... I rode my bike. I actually pumped the tires up and rode (downhill) to dinner knowing full well that getting home on a slight incline was really going to suck -- especially on a full stomach of full carbs, but here I type on the couch. Home. On the way, though, there was a gang of kids. Yes, a gang. They had weapons (water balloons) and one particuarly bratty boy threw one at me at the urging of his gangmates. Little punk. I know they figured I'd just ride on away, but I didn't. I was still all wound-up from yoga so I found the adult responsible for the little turds and turned them in. Their balloons were confiscated. I don't feel badly about this. I really don't.

I got caught with Shelley (of the ruffle panties and baby grand piano and canopy bed) throwing rocks -- ROCKS -- at cars when we were 4 or 5. We were bored and thought it would be good fun to throw rocks at cars. Well, Shelley's dad came home, saw us and washed our mouths out with soap as punishment. Yeah, the soap thing made no sense but I guess he figured he couldn't smack me without asking permission first. He should've just sent me home to let my parents deal with me (i.e. put me on a guilt trip) but he took punishment into his hands and then my mother gave him an earful. I did get the guilt trip later that night and learned about respecting other people's property but I imagine the kids today will just shrug it off and on the next warm day, they'll be outside with water bombs chucking them at passing strangers. Hopefully they won't get the wrong person on the right day.

1 comment:

Susanna a.k.a. Cheap Like Me said...

Whoa ... good for you! So if I get all woozy in yoga, I should try again the next day and I'll be superhuman? Good tip!!