Thursday, April 30, 2009

culinary adventures

Today's blog post is brought to you by pickled grapes. Yeah, you heard me! Grapes. Pickled!!!

I'm in love with Smitten Kitchen and have been drooling over the photos there... and I'm *thisclose* to hopping on a plane and begging them to let me live there. I would be SO FAT but so, so incredibly happy. Seriously. My heart would never ache again if only I could set up house in the Smitten Kitchen. (First, however, I need to practice saying Smitten Kitchen because every time it comes out my mouth it's the Smitten KITTEN).

So, I'm paging down and there's a recipe for Pickled Grapes. Interesting. Do-able? Totally. Edible? We'll see tomorrow. I'm giving these babies extra sousing time -- although truth be told, I did sample the pickling solution and it's really yummy. I was too cheap to get the nice White Wine Vinegar so I subbed White Balsalmic... and it tasted really nice.


We also got fun mail! Tracy sent Ernie some treats... he loves them and told me he now wants to move to Maine. Can you blame him? It's beautiful there... and the lobster! Ho boy.

2 comments:

Polly said...

Your little cat is so sweet! Well done for adopting him. What will you do when you go on tour though? Cats are the best things in the world. I love Meg.
Pickled grapes? Isn't that wine? x x x

Angifreak said...

Polly, I know... I don't know what I'm going to do with him while I'm on the road. I have a couple of friends I might be able to help out by letting them live here in exchange for house/cat sitting.

I'm happy I got the guy, though. He cracks me up every day!