Saturday, June 6, 2009

sicko

So... I don't have the flu. I don't have measles... it's unlikely I have shingles, so what the hell is going on here? I think I'm allergic to working. Actually, I'm starting to think it's a sick building type situation -- I got a fever on Monday at an old musty school. Tuesday at the next school I had a fever and a lump in my throat... by Wednesday I had swollen joints, feet and hands. Thursday came the hives... and Friday I was one massive, red, itchy hive. The doctor I saw on Friday was flummoxed and a bit horrified at my swollen lymph node (singular) on the right side of my neck. She also thought my unilateral swelling (aka hives) was unusual and suggested I see an allergist on Monday if this whole thing doesn't clear up by then.

She put me on prednisone, which is scary. I don't like steroids. I haven't used steroids in a long, long time -- I was on a topical steroid the last time I had issues with hives, but it didn't work. So my fingers are crossed that this isn't shingles... that this is maybe h-pylori again (which can be treated with an aggressive therapy of antibiotics) because it IS treatable. If I have to go through months of mystery hives and pain again, I'll get really depressed.

Honestly, FUCK this year! Grrrr.

4 comments:

Susanna Donato said...

Oh no! I can't believe you're still sick!! Get better. :(

Angifreak said...

I'm feeling much better -- looking a little bloated, but overall less puffy if that makes any sense. Hives are all gone now but the exhaustion remains. I'm going to see an allergist next week. Yay?

Yeah, it's really weird. I'm not particularly stressed out, so I don't really know why this is happening... on the plus side, it's NOT contagious!

fey said...

hey Your Puffiness :-D...must be something in the air-- we have been really sick this year as well.
I hope you feel better real soon.

xoxo!!

Angifreak said...

Thanks, Carina. I AM feeling better already... I'm hoping it was an isolated incident. Whaaaaa!