Wednesday, October 21, 2009

channeling julia

Not really. Maybe just 1/8 of a teaspoon... I recently saw "Julie and Julia" and after a friend told me that they have Mastering the Art of French Cooking at Costco, I decided I needed to buy the book and try the Concombres au Beurre that Julie had success with.

I've got to preface this by saying that I have a really difficult time with cucumbers; as peppers do with many people, they repeat on me, so I tend to avoid eating them even though they're one of my favorite fruits. Well, it was a small success with me, too -- I made them on Saturday night and the flavor was not unlike a warm dill pickle -- mind you I didn't make any of the sauces that Julia Child recommends serving these with, but I think they're lovely just out of the oven. It's definitely a recipe I'll revisit! Don't be fooled by the photo, this is delicious.

No comments: