Monday, April 26, 2010

dead dove, do not eat

So... I knit. I have a group of women who I've been knitting with, virtually, since I picked this up again about 6 years ago. I found the Knit Knack ladies (and a few men) on MySpace in 2004 when I decided to try a pattern and got stuck. Some of the people on MySpace moved over to Ravelry (and we've picked up a few members since then) and they're people who I share some of my deep, dark secrets with -- even though I've only met one of them in person.

One of the really fabulous things about this group is that we do swaps and until recently they've all gone pretty smoothly -- nobody had really flaked out before and everyone really tries to send things their recipient will love. After we did a blanket square exchange (which didn't go horribly wrong... 22/25 people actually sent their stuff out) I decided I was finished with swaps. I was so pissed off about the women flaking on the blanket swap that I decided it wasn't worth participating again... but despite myself I agreed to do another swap because it was low-cost and mailing would be within a month... there were a couple of women not actively participating in swapping but who agreed to be "angels" should anyone dare to flake out. Well, since this was all super-secret, I didn't know who I had been assigned to until today. I totally scored -- Mary (aka SeahagMary aka Knit To My Lou) sent me a box full of awesome!

I don't have the words, so I'm just going to show everyone (click any photo to see big):


Ernie also got a string... he LOVES it:

Also, I feel like I totally shortchanged my partner. I might have to send some more stuff to Georgia.

5 comments:

Mary said...

I'm so glad you like your package. I was worried that I had actually short changed you after opening my goodies from Amber. I twisted Carina's arm into giving me you after your glowing praise of the first Tobias and Lindsay. Hooray for swaps!

Kim aka Chickenlady said...

This has been an awesome swap so far! I am one of the two people swapping in June and I can't wait!

Angifreak said...

OMG... I left the house for a couple of hours and it's still so awesome -- looking at all the stuff. Ernie has wrapped the string around his body and is rolling around on the ground in ecstasy! OK, so maybe I helped him a little bit... but he's one happy cat!

aemcdraw said...

cute!

Shanny said...

I'm glad you didn't give up entirely on swapping with Knit Knackers! It's one of my favorite group activities. :)