Wednesday, October 13, 2010

i'm a creep

I am. If I'm early for a flight... or if I'm waiting for someone to meet me at the airport, I like to wait in the Arrivals Hall. I'm not a hopeless romantic, but I just really get a kick watching the reunions. Sometimes people are reserved... a pat on the back or a handshake, but the good ones are the bear hugs. The swept-off-your-feet, bone crushing hug; these are the best.

I've been glued to the TV/internet since they started pulling the Chilean Miners back up to the surface; it's been non-stop nail biting excitement, tears, joy. I'm completely drained and I'm just an observer. It must be so amazing for the people who are directly effected.

They're just pulling Miner #29, Juan Carlos Aguilar up now and I'm so thrilled for Chile -- that they finally get some great news (after a year filled with it's share of disasters in the form of an earthquake and then the mine collapse). It's been amazing here as well, just shy of three weeks from elections and the "attack ads" all over television and the radio. You just don't realize how little good news we get these days. Today has been a nice break for a creep like me.

No comments: