Wednesday, October 13, 2010

stickin it to starbucks

Pumpkin Spice Latté hack (first shown to me by my friend, Susanna). Since Starbucks just raised their prices... again... this is a very economical way to have a great autumnal treat on the cheap. Added bonus? You control what you're having -- not "pumpkin flavored" pump additive with your coffee, this is the real deal. Did I go so far as to roast a pumpkin and scoop out the meat myself? No. Luckily my local grocer still has pureed pumpkin on the shelves (I only recently learned of this year's shortage!)

If you don't have Pumpkin Spice Mix on hand, no worries! Apartment Therapy has you covered there... I didn't have mace, so I simply left it out. It still tastes great!

Drink on and save your $4 for something more decadent... like a pint of pumpkin beer.

No comments: